When can I get fingerprinted for a job requirement?
You must live or work in the City of Concord. You also must have a valid North Carolina Drivers License or ID card with your current address on it.Fingerprinting is done on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:30 am until 11:30 am and from 1:30 pm until 3:30 pm. There is a $10.00 fee for one fingerprint card and $15.00 for two.

How can I file a police report?
If the incident occurred in the City of Concord and is not currently in progress, you can call the non-emergency number 704-786-9155. If it is a crime in progress, please call 911.

How can I apply for a job with Concord Police Department?
You can download an application which is on the City of Concord`s website at www.concordnc.gov. You can also contact Sergeant John Tierney at 704-920-5006.

What is the Citizen’s Public Safety Academy and how can I apply?
This course will allow citizens to learn about the functions of Concord’s Public Safety Departments,(Concord Police Department, Communications Department and Department of Fire and Life Safety) meet staff and help the departments evaluate the services they provide. This is an eight-week academy and the class is free and open to residents of the City of Concord. For an application, contact Leslie Griffin, Concord Police Department at 704-920-5007.

Where do I pay parking tickets and speeding tickets?
You must pay parking tickets at the Concord Police Department on 41 Cabarrus Ave W, Concord, NC 28025; or, payment may be mailed to the Concord Police Department at P.O. Box 308, Concord, NC 28026-0308. If you wish to contest a parking ticket you may come by the Police Department and fill out a Request to Void Parking Citation form. Your request will be investigated and you will receive notification of the outcome. Speeding tickets must be paid at the Cabarrus County Courthouse, 25 Corban Avenue, SW, Concord, NC 28025.

How do I obtain a parade, loudspeaker, or parking permit?
Contact Leslie Griffin at the Concord Police Department (704)920-5007 for an application. There is no charge for this service.

Who do I call for nuisance items such as unmowed lawns, trash or abandoned vehicles?
Please contact the City`s Call Center at (704)920-5555.

How do I find out if someone is in jail?
Please contact the Cabarrus County Sheriff`s Dept at 704-920-3058 or visit their website at www.cabarruslaw.us. A link to this address is on the homepage.

How do I find out if a warrant is outstanding on me or someone else?
If the person you are checking the warrant on lives in the City of Concord, you may call (704)920-5000.

How can I obtain a Trespassing Agreement?
Contact the Concord Police Department at (704) 920-5000 and an officer will come to your residence or business and assist you with this paperwork.

How do I hire an officer for Secondary Employment?
Some businesses choose to employ officers in a secondary employment capacity for security purposes. Contact Capt. Betty Crump at (704) 920-5010 for more information.

What can I do about people speeding in my neighborhood?
Speeding in neighborhoods is one of the top complaints we have. Contact the Communications Center at (704) 786-9155 while the problem is occurring. If it is an on-going speeding problem, contact Sergeant Hartsell in our Traffic Unit at (704) 920-5027.

I cannot find my report. What should I do?
If you cannot locate your incident or accident report on this site, please contact our Records Division at (704)920-5052. We will be happy to assist you.

Back To FAQ List

Request in process, please wait...